Alligatored asphalt is characterized by interconnected cracks forming small pieces that range in size from about 1” to 6” and appear much like alligator skin. This damage is caused by failure of the surfacing due to traffic loading and often due to inadequate base or deficient subgrade support. If the subsurface is not secure, improve the drainage and repair by excavating localized areas and replacing base and surface. If the base is secure, repair with FloMix. Simply sweep or blow the area clean, mix your FloMix, trowel it on, top with provided sand and sweep it once it has set up. With FloMix, the problem is handled in about an hour.
Asphalt Damage, Part 7, Alligator Cracks
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust
- The Stuff Repairs Are Made Of February 10, 2012
- Importance of Communication August 22, 2011
- Why Do We Have Leap Year? February 28, 2012
- Dopey Soup, aka PolyFlex DS February 1, 2012
- Types of Pavement Damage 4 March 30, 2012
- Planning Ahead for the Holidays with Roklin December 5, 2013
- Roklin’s Word Search November 22, 2013
- Recycling 5-Gallon Buckets November 19, 2013
- Preparing Your Driveway for Winter November 18, 2013
- Roklin Offers a Quiet Repair Option November 6, 2013
- tamar: I would recommend you try the ibuildroads Web site...
- patio paver ideas: Great site you have here but I was curious about i...
- Mike Fusco: This was intriguing, and being your prized distrib...
- tamar: This is a photo of FlexSet in a motorized pail mix...
- Mary Lehan: I used Flexset to repair the bottom step of a wide...
alligator cracks alligatored asphalt Asphalt asphalt crack asphalt crack repair asphalt driveway asphalt patch asphalt raveling asphalt repair Asphalt Rutting block cracking in asphalt block cracks Caltrans Case Study chuckhole Concrete concrete crack concrete cracks concrete driveway repair concrete repair concrete shoulder defamation concrete spalls Concrete Welder crack repair driveway emergency road repair FlexSet FloMix frost heaves highway How-To Improvement Learning pavement repair pothole reflection cracks reflection cracks in asphalt repairing utility cuts road repair roklin sidewalk repair transverse cracks utility cuts washboard asphalt World of Concrete 2013
Follow @roklinsystems on Twitter