Alligatored asphalt is characterized by interconnected cracks forming small pieces that range in size from about 1” to 6” and appear much like alligator skin. This damage is caused by failure of the surfacing due to traffic loading and often due to inadequate base or deficient subgrade support. If the subsurface is not secure, improve the drainage and repair by excavating localized areas and replacing base and surface. If the base is secure, repair with FloMix. Simply sweep or blow the area clean, mix your FloMix, trowel it on, top with provided sand and sweep it once it has set up. With FloMix, the problem is handled in about an hour.
Asphalt Damage, Part 7, Alligator Cracks
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
For Email Newsletters you can trust
- The Stuff Repairs Are Made Of February 10, 2012
- Importance of Communication August 22, 2011
- Why Do We Have Leap Year? February 28, 2012
- Dopey Soup, aka PolyFlex DS February 1, 2012
- How to Fix Asphalt Water Damage October 7, 2011
- Roklin’s Test Strips, 18 Months Later and 3 Years Later October 17, 2014
- ASR or AAR, Roklin’s Products Can Tackle Those Concrete Damage Acronyms October 15, 2014
- Best Pothole Joke Contest October 15, 2014
- Concrete Repair around Pool October 14, 2014
- Dangers of Concrete Cracks October 13, 2014
- tamar: I would recommend you try the ibuildroads Web site...
- patio paver ideas: Great site you have here but I was curious about i...
- Mike Fusco: This was intriguing, and being your prized distrib...
- tamar: This is a photo of FlexSet in a motorized pail mix...
- Mary Lehan: I used Flexset to repair the bottom step of a wide...
alligator cracks Asphalt asphalt crack asphalt crack repair asphalt driveway asphalt driveway repair asphalt patch asphalt pothole asphalt raveling asphalt repair Asphalt Rutting block cracking in asphalt Caltrans Concrete concrete crack concrete crack repair concrete cracks concrete driveway repair concrete repair Concrete Welder crack repair driveway driveway repair emergency road repair FlexSet FloMix frost heaves highway highway history How-To Improvement pavement repair PolyFlexDS pothole pothole repair repairing utility cuts road repair roklin sidewalk repair transverse cracks utility cuts variflo VariFlo Machine washboard asphalt World of Concrete 2013